ICT Verification & Validation Engineer
For the location in Darmstadt (Germany) we are looking for a ICT Verification & Validation Engineer at EUMETSAT.
The ICT Section is developing, maintaining and operating the EUMETSAT Office Computing Infrastructure running technical, scientific, administrative and desktop applications and providing support to the users of these systems. The key person will work in a matrix arrangement providing support to the other ICT Teams.
The primary task will be to lead and implement verification and validation activities. As the Verification and Validation engineer is involved in many major projects in different teams, it is also expected to support the improvement of ICT processes and EUMETSAT business processes.
It is foreseen, that the detailed key tasks will include as a minimum:
- Plan and implement verification and validation activities within ICT (main task)
- Plan and specify test approach;
- Produce the necessary test documentation (e.g. test plans, test scopes, user-, system-, integration test specifications, test cases, test procedures, test reports, test logs ...);
- Implement test plans, including manual and automatic execution of test cases, test scripts and test tools as well as ad-hoc and break & destroy testing;
- Automate, run and execute performance tests;
- Automate, run and execute regression tests;
- Record and follow-up anomalies found during testing;
- Identify enhancement and improvements opportunities;
- Participate and provide input to TRRs & TRBs;
- Create and maintain system requirements and system verification matrixes;
- Beyond verification through Test activities (as covered above), plan and implement further verification activities through Analysis, Review-of-Design and/or Inspection.
- Technical documentation review
- Review documentation from verification and validation point of view, especially User Requirements Specifications and System Requirements Specifications;
- Support & Working Practices
- Contribute to project planning and reporting;
- Review Engineering Change Proposals and Change Requests from verification and validation point of view;
- Support the improvement of Business Processes and review Business Process Documentation from a verification and validation point of view;
- Support team leaders in the improvement and standardization of working practices, e.g. project management or application development related working practices within ICT;
- Improve the verification and validation related working practices within ICT;
- Coach software and system engineers in verification and validation processes.
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs