Spacecraft Operations System Engineer
For the location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands we are looking for a Spacecraft Operations System Engineer to work at ESTEC.
The primary areas of responsibility for this service consists in spacecraft operations engineering activities and monitoring of all operations activities executed by the Galileo Operator, including the different phases of operations preparation, validation and execution. The service provider will be primarily assigned to the System Operations Engineering of the Galileo First Generation but with the possibility of supporting other missions (e.g. Galileo Evolutions projects) within the Galileo programme.
The general activities to be provided by this service are (depending on the phase of the mission):
- Support Space Segment (SSEG) engineering activities to ensure operability, in particular compliance of space segment products with operations requirements, including new On-Board SW versions, user manuals, flight procedures, etc. Production of segment operability requirements for new s/c or new s/w releases, also based on lessons learned and in-flight anomalies, operational improvements, as provided by the European GNSS Agency (GSA) and its Galileo Service Operator (GSOp).
- Technical coordination of FOC Satellite manufacturer activity in support to corrective maintenance (i.e. generation of OBSW upgrades).
- Technical coordination of the ESA involvement in the Operations anomalies handling, non-conformance handling and technical configuration control boards processes in liaison with the GSA and its Operator.
- Support the GSA in the evaluation and execution of all operations activities executed by the Galileo Operator, ensuring the preparation, validation and execution of operations and plans.
- Follow-up of special operations, with particular attention but not limited to anomaly resolution cases, including evaluation and reporting of proper execution of spacecraft and mission operations.
- Supervision of technical coordination between in-orbit space segment maintenance activities (performed by ESA SSEG) and operational validation of maintenance products (performed by GSOp) including OBSW patches or new SW Versions.
- General Flight Control Support Service (including participation to System Compatibility Test Campaigns) and Spacecraft Performance Analysis as required.
- Contribute to the definition of the System Level Operational concepts and requirements for the next generation of Galileo Satellites along with the interfaces with the ground infrastructure and associated External Interfaces for the different project phases.
- Participation to Galileo related review panels, evaluation boards, as required.
For the full profile and to apply please www.scisys.de/spacejobs