System Engineer for Copernicus Data Services
For the location in Darmstadt (Germany) we are looking for an System Engineer for Copernicus Data Services to work at EUMETSAT.
This position is for System Engineering services to be undertaken as part of the Copernicus Program within the Data and Information Access Services (DIAS) activities. The primary purpose of DIAS is to ensure that the uptake of Copernicus data and information is maximized across a broad range of user groups and that Copernicus is able to provide the critical mass and focal point for stimulating innovation and the creation of new business models based on EO data and information, taking into account the challenges of “Big Data”.
The engineering service provided shall perform system engineering tasks in support to the Copernicus Programme and in particular to DIAS (Data and Information Access Services) activities within the Data Services Competence area in relation to already existing frame contracts with industry for its implementation.
The following main tasks shall be performed:
- Contributing to the analysis, generation and management of requirements and related Agile methods applied for work execution with industry;
- Contributing to the architecture and design of Copernicus related components;
- Contributing with the review of industry implementations and perform testing/ prototyping;
- Contributing to the definition of technical interfaces with the external partners and service providers;
- Preparation of relevant documentation;
- Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary.
For the full profile and to apply, please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs