Senior Spacecraft Operations Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Spacecraft Operations Engineer.
Thanks to his/her seniority and consolidated relevant experience in the field, he/she will a play a crucial technical lead role in supporting operations preparation for different upcoming missions already contracted to SCISYS, like the German telecommunication mission “Heinrich Hertz” (H2SAT, phases C/D/E1) and another ESA Science mission (phases A/B). The candidate will be able to contribute from the very beginning of the project lifecycle with system level responsibility and eventually be a core member of the mission operations team (for H2SAT). He/she will report directly to the respective mission operations manager.
For this position, the following tasks are currently envisaged, but the assignments might change during the projects development depending on the operational needs:
- Act as team technical lead for operations preparation for the assigned mission(s), in continuous coordination with the mission operations manager
- Provide system level expertise and guidance
- Review, refine and complement relevant documentation generated during preceding phases
- Support the development of all the required documentation as per operational phase, according to ECSS standard
- Develop and validate the Flight Operations Procedures for LEOP, IOT and routine operations
- Prepare training material and provide training to other members of the operations team
- Define, coordinate, conduct and document system validation activities as simulation campaigns, SVTs, mission rehearsals, etc.
- Test and validate all operational items
- Perform operational configuration management
- Participate in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings
- Support H2SAT LEOP, platform & payload IOT, GTO-GEO transfer and final GEO orbit slot acquisition as member of the operations team
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs