Indie - SCISYS' Robotic Research Platform
- Wer wir sind
- SCISYS Deutschland
- SCISYS UK
- Jobs & Karriere
- Treffen sie uns!
- Media Centre
- Case Studies
- Arqiva Digital Switch Over
- BBC Coyopa - Media Asset Management
- CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
- Dynamic Service Modelling
- Columbus Control Centre
- EA - Farm Inspections
- EA - Better Regulation
- EA - Support
- EA Wales
- FRES - Electronic Architecture
- Invensys Rail
- Irish EPA - Architecture
- BRDO - Regulation
- Maritime Activity Scheduling Tool
- Met Office Space Weather
- National Archives - Support
- NDR Hörfunkübertragungswagen
- Planning Inspectorate
- RNLI SIMS
- Satellite Based Oceanography
- The Coal Authority
- UK Power Networks
- Corporate Governance
Indie provides a working robotics platform for prototyping software applications as well as providing a showcase for our customers and sponsors.
Indie is SCISYS' robotic research platform that plays a key role in our cross-technology research programmes. It gives us “Indie-pendence”
- by releasing our software prototypes from mission hardware constraints
- by providing opportunities to deploy software in test environments of our choosing
- by demonstrating the benefits of autonomy directly to our customers
- by providing a our own tool for partnership research collaborations
Building on experience
Extending on the success of the CREST Robotic Scientist project Indie has the capability of complex object detection, identifying areas of interest in any given environment. Localisation can be achieved through 3D mapping techniques available from the stereo camera system, as used on the martian Aerobot project. Sensor fusion between wheel odometry, GPS and stereo cameras provides accurate positioning on 3D terrain.
Indie operates as part of our own management suite that allows monitoring and control of a number of mobile platforms, alongside interaction with novel control devices as demonstrated in the Independent Robotic Porter System framework 7 Project. Indie will be utilising SCISYS technology on the following future projects; PRoVisG, PRoViScout and X-Rob. Contact us to find out more about our plans and progress with Indie and possible partnering opportunities.
Indie: a comprehensive platform
- Six wheeled passive platform design with high resolution motor feedback. This passive system provides ability to traverse extremely rough terrain without getting stuck. This is hugely advantageous when exploring unknown environments.
- Front and rear wheel steering, coupled with differential drive system. This allows Indie to rotate on the spot.
- Pan and tilt camera suite consisting of a high resolution (1280x960) stereo camera pair for static images and a camera for real-time video streams. This provides Indie with a 300 * 180 degree field of view.
- Intel core 2 duo mobile 2.33GHz processor, 2GB memory, 32GB solid state drive.
- 24 bit digital general I/O, I2C, serial, USB and generic network interfaces.
- 8 channel GPS module, position data accurate within 3 meters.
- 6 DOF inertial measurement unit with 3 axes of acceleration data, 3 axes of gyroscopic data, and 3 axes of magnetic data.
- Speaker and microphone for human intuitive interaction.
- Additional payload capabilities
Future additions include:
- 5 DOF arm
- Drill mechanism
- 3D TOF cameras
Ubuntu 10.04 OS, direct C++ API, with language independent communication through CORBA.
Indie traverses Clarach beach under remote control
Get in Touch!
- See something you're interested in?
- Want more information?