Ground Segment System Engineer
We are looking for a Ground Segment System Engineer to work at EUMETSAT (Darmstadt, Germany).
The services will initially cover the system and interfaces engineering activities by contributing to the routine operations of the MSG, EPS and Jason-2/3 operational programmes and contributing to multi-mission systems. In the frame of support provided by the TSS Department to the development of new programmes, the tasks of the Contractor will then gradually evolve to provide also service to the future programmes (as they become operational), in the area of ground segment system engineering and, in particular, interfaces definition.
The Contractor shall contribute to maintaining the overall system design documentation of the existing and future systems and multi-mission elements (MME’s). When evolutions of these systems are proposed and implemented, the Contractor shall analyse them and verify the system and interfaces coherence.
In the role of service to the maintenance and evolution activities of the operational programmes (MSG, EPS, JASON), the tasks of the Contractor shall include:
- Contribute to the System Requirements Definition process and/or maintaining existing requirements baselines
- Contribute to the maintenance, for all the operational ground systems, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation and the baseline
- Contribute to the creation of System Engineering models of Ground Systems using an MBSE approach and/or maintaining existing model baselines
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments
- Contribute to the IV&V testing approach for major evolutions of the operational ground systems and contribute to the co-ordination of the installation, integration and verification of new systems into the operational infrastructure
- Contribute to the various OPS & TSS Projects and associated reviews, as required, providing System Engineering support during the design phase and contribute actively to the definition of the IV&V activities
- Contribute to the assessment of Engineering Tasks providing System Engineering expertise to CRB’s and ARB’s
- Contribute to the impact analysis of ICT evolutions in operational systems
- Contribute to the analysis, investigations and resolution of system and ground segment level anomalies
- Provide expert inputs to the SEP System Engineers on all related activities as requested
- Contribution to the OPS regular coordination processes as requested
In the role of services to the development of new EUM programmes (MTG, EPS-SG), the tasks of the Contractor shall include:
- Participate to the description of the system architecture and interfaces between external systems and the mission specific elements of the ground system
- In coordination with the system and interface engineers of the future ground segment, ensure that the definition and documentation of new interfaces are compatible with the methodology used in Operations; this includes the use of common templates for Interface Control Document and the use of the same tool for maintaining the interfaces data dictionary
- Provide support to the definition of the IV&V approach for the future ground systems
- For the development and maintenance of ground segment systems, EUMETSAT applies an engineering method which is to be followed by the Contractor. This implies participation in daily coordination meetings and daily technical reporting via EUMETSAT tools. The engineering method is continuously improved and communicated to the Contractor.
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs